- How Enabling a Health Check on our Azure App Service Caused >30s Response Times 07 April 2021Azure App Service, Docker, TLS and Health Check do not play nicely together
- Log Analytics to the rescue 17 March 2021I love Application Insights, but sometimes you need to go a bit deeper
- Using Markdown Securely 10 March 2021Markdown is a simple solution for writing and maintaining rich text but it's security credentials aren't all that
- Azure SQL Private End Points with Pulumi 16 February 2021Configure Private End Points on Azure SQL Server with Pulumi
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Employee Guidance 22 September 2020Guidance for employees during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Statement 24 March 2020A regularly updated summary of how NewOrbit is managing the impact of Covid-19
- Secure your Web App in Azure at DDD14 16 October 2019An overview of how to secure Azure Web Apps, touching on virtual networks, encryption, key vault and monitoring.
- Getting Agility/agility back into your business 03 July 2019How NewOrbit can help businesses get back their agility.
- GDPR for Software and how Azure can help 25 June 2018A video recording we made with Microsoft about how GDPR applies to Software development and how Azure can help.
- Securing your web app in Azure 29 April 2018A video overview of some of the Azure technologies that you can use to better protect your web applications in Azure - all depending on your required security level, of course.
- GDPR for People who own Software 09 October 2017This post is for the people who are responsible for the business side of owning software, people who own or are responsible for the intellectual property in software - the people who have to worry about business risk, contracts, sales and so on.
- GDPR for Operations 08 October 2017GDPR advice for the people who are responsible for hosting and managing software.
- GDPR for Software Designers and Developers 07 October 2017GDPR advice for the people who design and build software, such as business analysts, developers and architects.
- GDPR Summary 06 October 2017A brief overview of the GDPR and its implications
- Azure Failover and Resilience 101 29 June 2017When first coming to Azure, it can be hard to understand what resilience you get automatically and what you might have to set up yourself. This post provides a high-level overview of the principles. It is intended as an introduction to help you ask the right questions.
- Combine documents with other data in Azure Search 30 January 2017Azure Search has built-in support for indexing documents in blob storage, which works great. But what if you want to combine the documents with other data, for example if you are building a recruitment system and want to search on, say, location and CV content at the same time?
- How many ways can I host a web app in Azure? 06 January 2017A quick list of the different ways you can host a web app in Azure.
- Find docs with no PartitionKey in Azure DocumentDb 06 December 2016It is possible to accidentally create documents in CosmosDb without a partition key. This post explores how to retrieve them.
- Find Documents with missing properties in Azure DocumentDb with the .Net SDK 29 September 2016Azure DocumentDb stores documents as JSON. One of the effects of this is that sometimes you may end up with documents in the database that have missing properties and it can be quite tricky to search for them with the .Net SDK. This blog post has an approach to doing it.
- Auto publish Azure Web Jobs with ASP.Net Core RTM 26 August 2016Use Kudu to deploy Azure Web Jobs with ASP.Net Core.
- InfoSec with SQL Azure 25 August 2016An overview of SQL Azure security features.
- Using Azure Management Libraries from Azure Web Jobs 28 July 2015In this post I will show how to set up an Azure Web Job to automatically reboot a worker role at certain times. It's just an example, you can schedule pretty much any Azure operation in this way, including shutting down VMs at the end of the day etc.
- Continuous deployment to Azure Cloud Services 15 August 2013When you use Azure Websites you can do continuous deployment using Git, but with cloud services you can only do it from TFS. Luckily, it is quite easy to set up a Powershell script to deploy to Cloud Services. In this post I will share a sample script that can be used to deploy to multiple different environments, such as a UAT and a Live environment.
Please have a look at what else we do around Azure.