Why join NewOrbit?
Here are some of the reasons why NewOrbit might appeal:
We love technology and strive to push the boundaries with every project. Everyone in NewOrbit looks outwards to help decide and drive our technical strategy. Our diverse range of clients and projects means a lot of variation in your job.
Grow your career
We like ambitious people, so NewOrbit has a supportive environment and clear career paths to help you achieve your potential. It's not 'one-size-fits-all' here, so there are opportunities to shape your role within the company.
Make an impact
Got fresh ideas? Come and challenge the way we do things. We constantly strive to make a positive difference to our clients, so look for people who own problems and feel personal pride in what they do.
Find out what kinds of projects you might be working on.
What you would work on
We have a variety of projects to sink your teeth into:
Entrepreneurs come to us with a great idea they want to take to the world. We help them clarify what they want, design it, deliver it and live it with them.
Other clients come to us because they aren’t satisfied with off-the-shelf business systems. We work with them to understand the real business problem and deliver a real solution.
We also develop our products that we take to the market directly. These are an opportunity for us to build innovative systems and show the world what we are capable of.
If this has you curious - read about what you get when you join NewOrbit.
What we offer
Being part of NewOrbit is much more than just a salary and holiday allowance:
- Profit Share Scheme - benefit directly from NewOrbit's success
- Private Healthcare - extendible to family members as well
- Free Fruit - have one of your five-a-day on us
- Meals Out - we don't need much of an excuse to get together for post-work pints or pub lunches
- Outdoor Gym & Ping-Pong - enjoy some fresh air and a well-earned screen break
- Activity Days & Weekends - whether it's lasertag or weekends on the coast, we like to get together and let our hair down
- The Right Equipment - tailor your set up with a SSD laptop, up to 3 monitors and your choice of accessories
- Up to Date Tools - we embrace the latest versions of the software we use to do our day job
- Top-spec Aeron chair – the Rolls-Royce of desk chairs so you are nice and comfy as you work
Like the sound of all of that? Take a look at our current openings.
Want to work with us but don't see your position listed? We’re always interested to hear from driven developers, project managers, business analysts, support consultants and UX&D specialists, even if we aren’t actively hiring right now.
Location Chalgrove, Oxford (OX44)
Salary £30-40K, dependent on experience
Job Type Full-Time, Permanent
Are you a highly organised person with excellent communication skills, who is passionate about getting things done?
NewOrbit are looking for a Project Manager to join our growing team that specialises in developing entirely bespoke, highly scalable cloud-hosted software products for our clients.
To thrive as a project manager in this fast-paced environment you will need to be able to command respect as well as being flexible in thought and exceptionally capable at multi-tasking. In the complex world of delivering software, you must be able to clearly analyse people and situations to navigate a clear path and have well-developed skills in prioritisation and negotiation.
Previous software project management experience is not essential, but you must be able to evidence that you can work in a multi-faceted environment. A good understanding of software project methodology is ideal but more important is the ability to learn and follow our agile-based processes (both Scrum and Kanban) to achieve our business and client objectives.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Overview & Responsibilities
- Project management of multiple, simultaneous projects of various sizes and types, ensuring delivery within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Risk management.
- Client expectation management.
- Clear and concise reporting to senior management to inform their commercial decisions.
Interested? Please send us your CV and any useful links you might have using the contact form.
The next step would be a short telephone interview and if that all goes well, you’ll be invited for an interview at our Chalgrove office. You’ll meet the team and complete a role play scenario, as well as have a further discussion around your skills, experience and interests.
You’ll then get feedback on our decision - we might even make you an offer there and then!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Senior Web Application Developer (Poland)
Location Rzeszów, Poland
Salary 10-15K PLN per month
Job Type Full-Time, Permanent
Are you searching for a developer-centric and technology-focused software company where you can expand your experience? Do you want to be part of setting up an exciting new team?
NewOrbit have built a successful business in the UK over the last 10 years, and are looking to expand in Poland. We are initially looking for two senior web developers who can help us deliver entirely bespoke, highly-scalable, cloud-hosted web applications for our clients - as well as help us create our NewOrbit Poland team. Initially we are looking developers who are able to work from home on a permanent contract basis, but the intention is to quickly set up an office and expand the team.
Our stack is primarily .NET on the backend with Angular or React on the front-end, though we do have variations on that. NewOrbit host everything on Azure, using a wide range of the available technologies. We’re a Microsoft Gold Partner, working very closely with Microsoft including on new Azure technologies before they are released to the general public.
NewOrbit use Agile (specifically Scrum and Kanban) software development methods, so you should be able to understand and utilise these approaches.
Work with us to:
- Enjoy what you do: We hire smart people who share our drive and are genuinely proud of our team. We do projects that we believe in and aren’t afraid to challenge clients (and say no). We get our work done and go home - there’s no late-night working culture here.
- Grow your career: Our supportive environment and clear career paths help you thrive. NewOrbit provide access to Pluralsight on-demand training and share knowledge within the team through brown bags & coding sessions.
- Stay interested: We welcome innovation and stay at the forefront, actively encouraging side projects and experimentation. We provide MSDN Azure credits that you can use for whatever you like.
- Have an impact: Our driver is to make a positive difference to our clients and the team, so we look for people who own problems and feel personal pride in what they do. We rely on everyone in the team to look outwards and help decide and drive our technical strategy. If you think there’s something we can do better, we’ll listen.
Overview & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a small project team where everyone is involved in the planning and execution of work.
- Be responsible for your own development tasks, delivering them on time and within agreed budgets.
- Carry out code reviews and submit pull requests to be reviewed by the team.
- Handover developed user stories for acceptance testing.
- Participate in technical design and planning.
- Continually look at & assess new technologies and patterns.
- Mentoring other members of the development team.
- Help us interview potential candidates for the team.
- Send your CV and any useful links you might have (Stack Overflow, GitHub, open source projects) to email@example.com
- Complete our very short online test (https://www.interviewzen.com/apply/d9MHmC)
The exercise is only two really short programming questions, which you can do in whatever programming language you like and should only take you a few minutes. It might seem a bit impersonal doing this first, but it gives us a good feel for your thought processes behind your coding.
The next step would be a short 10-15 minute telephone call with one of our Principal developers to have a quick chat about what you are interested in and your past experience.
After that you will be invited for a developer interview. To keep things moving fast, we have three interviews back to back in one session, including a technical test, a practical exercise with pair programming as well as a conversation about values etc.
You will then get feedback on our decision - we might even make you an offer then and there.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Tell us about you
We've told you all about NewOrbit, now let us know more about you and we can start the ball rolling.
(Recruiters please note all details submitted through this page are considered gifted to us. Please use our dedicated recruiter page instead. No response means no interest - so please, no spam.)
Have a project?
Want to contact us about a potential project, or have a general enquiry about our services? We have a contact form just for you.