Why join NewOrbit?
Here are some of the reasons why NewOrbit might appeal:
We love technology and strive to push the boundaries with every project. Everyone in NewOrbit looks outwards to help decide and drive our technical strategy. Our diverse range of clients and projects means a lot of variation in your job.
Grow your career
We like ambitious people, so NewOrbit has a supportive environment and clear career paths to help you achieve your potential. It's not 'one-size-fits-all' here, so there are opportunities to shape your role within the company.
Make an impact
Got fresh ideas? Come and challenge the way we do things. We constantly strive to make a positive difference to our clients, so look for people who own problems and feel personal pride in what they do.
Find out what kinds of projects you might be working on.
What you would work on
We have a variety of projects to sink your teeth into:
Entrepreneurs come to us with a great idea they want to take to the world. We help them clarify what they want, design it, deliver it and live it with them.
Other clients come to us because they aren’t satisfied with off-the-shelf business systems. We work with them to understand the real business problem and deliver a real solution.
We also develop our products that we take to the market directly. These are an opportunity for us to build innovative systems and show the world what we are capable of.
If this has you curious - read about what you get when you join NewOrbit.
What we offer
Being part of NewOrbit is much more than just a salary and holiday allowance:
- Profit Share Scheme - benefit directly from NewOrbit's success
- Private Healthcare - extendible to family members as well
- Free Fruit - have one of your five-a-day on us
- Meals Out - we don't need much of an excuse to get together for post-work pints or pub lunches
- Outdoor Gym & Ping-Pong - enjoy some fresh air and a well-earned screen break
- Activity Days & Weekends - whether it's lasertag or weekends on the coast, we like to get together and let our hair down
- The Right Equipment - tailor your set up with a SSD laptop, up to 3 monitors and your choice of accessories
- Up to Date Tools - we embrace the latest versions of the software we use to do our day job
- Top-spec Aeron chair – the Rolls-Royce of desk chairs so you are nice and comfy as you work
Like the sound of all of that? Take a look at our current openings.
Want to work with us but don't see your position listed? We’re always interested to hear from driven developers, project managers, business analysts, support consultants and UX&D specialists, even if we aren’t actively hiring right now.
Interested? You could be only a contact form away.
Web Application Developer
Location Chalgrove, Oxford (OX44)
Salary £25-50K, dependent on experience
Job Type Full-Time, Permanent
Are you searching for a developer-centric and technology-focused software company where you can expand your experience?
At NewOrbit we’re a growing team and are looking for two developers with commercial coding experience to join us in delivering entirely bespoke, highly-scalable, cloud-hosted web applications for our clients.
For a more senior role we would like someone who has strong software design experience and who is comfortable with DI, TDD/BDD and continuous deployment.
Our stack is primarily .NET on the backend with Angular or React on the front-end, though we do have variations on that. NewOrbit host everything on Azure, using a wide range of the available technologies. We’re a Microsoft Gold Partner, working very closely with Microsoft and on new Azure technologies before they are released to the general public.
NewOrbit use Agile (specifically Scrum and Kanban) software development methods, so you should be able to understand and utilise these approaches.
Work with us to:
- Enjoy what you do: We hire smart people who share our drive and are genuinely proud of our team. We do projects that we believe in and aren’t afraid to challenge clients (and say no). We get our work done and go home - there’s no late-night working culture here.
- Grow your career: Our supportive environment and clear career paths help you thrive. NewOrbit provide access to Pluralsight on-demand training and share knowledge within the team through brown bags & coding sessions.
- Stay interested: We welcome innovation and stay at the forefront, actively encouraging side projects and experimentation. We provide MSDN Azure credits that you can use for whatever you like.
- Have an impact: Our driver is to make a positive difference to our clients and the team, so we look for people who own problems and feel personal pride in what they do. We rely on everyone in the team to look outwards and help decide and drive our technical strategy. If you think there’s something we can do better, we’ll listen.
Overview & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a small project team where everyone is involved in the planning and execution of work.
- Be responsible for your own development tasks, delivering them on time and within agreed budgets.
- Carry out code reviews and submit pull requests to be reviewed by the team.
- Handover developed user stories for acceptance testing.
- Participate in technical design and planning.
- Continually look at & assess new technologies and patterns.
In addition, for a more senior role:
- Act as a technical lead for allocated projects, responsible for the development output.
- Act as technical product owner on behalf of NewOrbit, responsible for the infrastructure/application design and estimating enhancement projects.
- Mentoring other members of the development team.
Interested? Please send us your CV and any useful links you might have (stackoverflow, github, open source projects) using the contact form.
You’ll be asked to complete two really short programming questions - you can do it in whatever programming language you like and should only take you about 10-15 minutes. It might seem a bit impersonal doing this first, but it gives us a good feel for your thought processes behind your coding.
The next step is a short telephone call with one of our Principal developers - so they can have a quick chat about what you are interested in and your past experience.
If that all goes well, you’ll be invited to come meet some of the team in our Chalgrove office. We’ll talk more about the role and how you can contribute. Expect a mixture of technical and non-technical questions, with some programming or technical design.
You’ll then get feedback on our decision - we might even make you an offer then and there. Look forward to hearing from you!
Tell us about you
We've told you all about NewOrbit, now let us know more about you and we can start the ball rolling.
(Recruiters please note all details submitted through this page are considered gifted to us. Please use our dedicated recruiter page instead. No response means no interest - so please, no spam.)
Have a project?
Want to contact us about a potential project, or have a general enquiry about our services? We have a contact form just for you.